There are four seasons in the United States.
The second season is the one where not much work gets done. Deals don’t get struck between the months of June and September. People take vacations. Families try to get away.
I’ve heard the same thing happens in Europe.
During the month of August, I am taking a break–a vacation, if you will–as well. I have developed sort of a European approach to running HSCT, however, I am still planning on doing three things every day:
- Writing these posts
- Thinking deeply
- Reading (or completing volumes in various stages of bookmark migration) the following books (click on the title to get the link to check out the book on Amazon):
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide for Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
- Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well by Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen
- Great Work: How to Make a Difference People Love by David Sturt
- River of Smoke & Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh
- The President’s Shadow by Brad Meltzer
- Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
- The Art Instinct: Beauty, Pleasure and Human Evolution by Denis Dutton
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Making the Journey from “What Will People Think?” to “I Am Enough” by Bene Brown
- God If You’re Not Up There I’m F*cked: Tales of Stand-Up, Saturday Night Live, and Other Mind-Altering Mayhem by Darrell Hammond
Clearly, I’ll be busy.
Enjoy your vacation—if you’re taking one—and take some time to read, write, and think deeply.
-Peace Be With You All-
Jesan Sorrells, MA
Principal Conflict Engagement Consultant
Human Services Consulting and Training (HSCT)
Email HSCT: firstname.lastname@example.org