Check out our podcasts and book us for speaking engagements!
Because understanding great literature is better than trying to read and understand (yet) another business book, Leadership Lessons From The Great Books leverages insights from the GREAT BOOKS of the Western canon to explain, dissect, and analyze leadership best practices for the post-modern leader.
“You Can Learn Leadership From Anything and Anyone,” w/Tom Libby
- Welcome & Introduction – 00:23
- Learning Hard Lessons From Paper Leaders – 02:40
- Introducing Thomas Libby – 04:00
- Leadership Consistency and Time – 05:30
- This Podcast is Fundamentally Different from Anything Else Out There – 08:30
- You Can Learn from Anyone – 09:30
- Lawrence of Arabia, Episode #40 – 11:00
- Controversy Comes When You’re Inconsistent – 13:40
- At Least 15% of My 26K Tweets are Objectionable – 15:00
- Context Matters for Determining Leadership Truth – 16:40
- Let’s Leave Up Robert E. Lee’s Statue – 19:30
- Christopher Columbus as the Original American Start-Up Founder – 20:37
- The Anti-Federalist Papers, Episode #29 – 24:50
- Leadership Education – 27:00
- Can You Separate Leadership From the Leader? – 30:20
- Bryan Cranston, Plato, and Malcolm in the Middle – 34:00
- Leadership Art and Science – 36:00
- Trial By Error and Magellan’s Journey – 39:00
- Listener Feedback: Fitting The Round Peg into the Round Hole – 40:00
- Daniel Golman and Jane Austen – 43:00
- Listener Feedback: Taking Action in 2023 – 45:00
- *Listener Feedback: The Leadership Lessons From the Great Books – 50:00
- The Three Percent Rule – 51:00
- Play it as it Lays, Episode #46 – 56:00
- Three Reasons We Host This Podcast – 57:30
- Books Fundamentally Ground Culture – 1:00:15
- Leaders Being a Jack of All Trades – 1:02:00
- Generation Z’s Paralysis by Over Analysis – 1:06:00
- Tom Libby’s Top Five Desert Island Films – 1:10:16
- Stanley Kubrick, Jordan Peele, and Not Getting “It” – 1:14:00
- Jesan Sorrells’s Top Five Desert Island Films – 1:21:00
- Cocaine Bear Film Review – 1:35:00
- Staying on the Path – 1:39:00
Note: *(@50:00 minute mark I misspoke Mitch Joel’s name and I meant Marc Maron. My apologies.)
- Pick up your copy of 12 Rules for Leaders: The Foundation of Intentional Leadership NOW on AMAZON!
- Check out the 2022 Leadership Lessons From the Great Books podcast reading list!
- Check out HSCT Publishing at: https://www.hsctpublishing.com/.
- Check out LeadingKeys at: https://www.leadingkeys.com/
- Check out Leadership ToolBox at: https://leadershiptoolbox.us/
- Contact HSCT for more information at 1-833-216-8296 to schedule a full DEMO of LeadingKeys with one of our team members.
- Leadership ToolBox website: https://leadershiptoolbox.us/.
- Leadership ToolBox LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ldrshptlbx/.
- Leadership ToolBox YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJvVbIU_bSEflwYpd9lWXuA/.
- Leadership ToolBox Twitter: https://twitter.com/ldrshptlbx.
- Leadership ToolBox IG: https://www.instagram.com/leadershiptoolboxus/.
- Leadership ToolBox FB: https://www.facebook.com/LdrshpTlbx.
Listen to Jesan Sorrells, a CEO & Founder, a 3x “least-selling” author, a podcast host, and a roving consultant to the world, interview interesting people and try to inject sense into a messed up world. Listen and tell your confused friends to listen as well.
Daniel Felt – Founder & CEO at Kura Home
- Daniel Felt on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-felt-43272947/
- Kura Home – https://kurahome.com/
- Kura Home on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/kura-home/
- Kura Home on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/kuramaintenance/
Jesan Sorrells Presents – YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/JesanSorrells/featured.
Jesan Sorrells – IG – https://www.instagram.com/therealjesanmsorrells/.
Jesan Sorrells – FB – https://www.facebook.com/JesanMSorrells/.
Jesan Sorrells – LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesansorrells.
Jesan Sorrells – Twitter – https://www. twitter.com/jesanmsorrells.
Jesan Sorrells – https://www.jesansorrells.com/.