Putting in the work has to happen even as the work changes.
- Work is no longer just about physical labor.
- Work is no longer just about mental labor.
- Work is now about spiritual and emotional labor.
Putting in the work changes when the labor changes.
- Labor is no longer about getting paid for just showing up.
- Labor is no longer about waiting your turn, raising your hand, and asking if ‘Will this be on the test?’.
- Labor is now about caring, engaging with other people, and doing it with courage.
Putting in the work is not about the tools.
Unfortunately, too many people are still confusing the tools with the work, and thus are missing out on chances to shape how the future of labor and work looks.
-Peace Be With You All-
Jesan Sorrells, MA
Principal Conflict Engagement Consultant
Human Services Consulting and Training (HSCT)
Email HSCT: firstname.lastname@example.org